Horror's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Horror's Domain!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The non-official official thread of Lie To Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bella

Bella

The non-official official thread of Lie To Me Empty
PostSubject: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:58 am

When I first heard about this series it intrigued me. A man who has studied deception by facial quirks and movements, no matter how minuscule, could bring down a suspect in an FBI case (the psychologist has his own business which does work for anyone including the government) or find a missing child and every other lie and deception you can think of.

Not only was I pulled in by the star, Tim Roth (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, The Incredible Hulk, and mostly indie movies and stage), but the premise. This series is based on a real psychologist Dr Paul Ekman who has traveled around the world proving that facial expressions and body language is universal as well as tone of voice. He has be named several times as the "human like detector". One of the interesting things is that he has proven several times that lie detectors are useless in many situations.

A new season is starting here in the US on Sept 28th on FOX (I don't like FOX but some shows I watch on it). They are going to mix it up a bit this season. You won't be lost if you haven't seen the last season.
Back to top Go down
Numpty

Numpty

PostSubject: Re: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:21 pm

sounds very interesting,i hope they show it here in the UK..Thats the type of Show Lorraine love to watch...
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 am

I do love to watch these psych shows! Very interesting and when they show you the micro-expressions on the faces of the people they are interrogating they show you ones on the faces of famous people and you find yourself saying Ah ha!! I can see it now! Of course I am so bad now about looking for the expressions body language as well as facial expressions.

I know a good one to use if you go up to a hot dog or some other kind of food stand and you want to know if the person operating it has washed his/her hands...............simply ask them and repeat it if they ask you "what?" and watch what they do. If they lift a hand up and run it across the back of their neck or lightly tug their ear........well......you better eat someplace else..........just FYI.
Back to top Go down
Numpty

Numpty

PostSubject: Re: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:45 am

im just going to wash my hands..brb....do you want onions with tha ? ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
Bella

Bella

PostSubject: Re: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:18 am

LMAO! Hey it really works! I have had people do that in bigger cities (SF) and they have found facial quirks and body language suggesting that person has less than perfect hygiene and they go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The non-official official thread of Lie To Me   The non-official official thread of Lie To Me Empty

Back to top Go down

The non-official official thread of Lie To Me
Page 1 of 1